ESPANA: exhibición de la obra de la pintora Alfonsina Abarzúa,

 


Del muro en FACEBOOK de  

Check out Spain's gallery 1819, they are showcasing the work of painter Alfonsina Abarzua, my cousin. I find her style to be always playing on the border of reality and fantasy, studying magical women figures, with exotic colours in the background and enigmatic symbols that you might miss in a superficial first look.
Her work is also available for purchase.
On a personal note, I'm grateful for her participation in my project "Painting la Manito Muerta" in which readers of my last book give a visual interpretation of a chosen chapter from the book. Alfonsina chose a very tough chapter, emotionally speaking, the one depicting the torture house where my father - her uncle - was seen alive for the last time and probably where he was murdered (If you scroll down through my recent photos you'll find that painting). I'm also very excited and looking forward to our reunion this coming September, in my upcoming visit to Chile, with her and with many other family members, after so many years apart.
Nos vemos pronto querida Fonchi
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Usted puede ver ejemplos de su tagnífico trabajo, y su biografia en castellano, suiguiendo este enlace:

Comentarios

Entradas más populares de este blog

Fusilados/as :PRESENTE

DISCUSIONES SOBRE LAS PILDORAS

PERU : STOP NEWS FUJIMORI CONDENADO.RU